Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hometown Challenge

The Hometown Challenge was tossed out there by Callista of SMS Book Reviews. The idea is to read at least ONE book from November 1, 2007 to March 1, 2008 that either takes place in your hometown or is written by an author who lives in your hometown. It can be the place you were born or where you live now, whichever.

I'd really like to do St. Petersburg, FL where we've just moved, but I can't find anything that fits St. Pete exactly. There are a lot of general FL books, though. If I have time, I may add some FL books to my list (I'd really like to read some of Carl Hiaasen's books). But for now, I've decided to read Dear John by Nicholas Sparks for this challenge. The book is set in Wilmington, NC, where I went to elementary school. I believe Sparks lives (or lived) in that area as well. Besides, I have Dear John on my TBR shelf and I don't have any of Hiaasen's ;>). This way one more TBR book bites the dust ;>).

No comments: