Monday, March 10, 2008

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson

Title: Undead and Unwed
Author:
MaryJanice Davidson
# pages:
255
Date published:
2004
Genre:
Paranormal romance
Challenge(s):
Winter Reading Challenge and Themed Reading Challenge

Setting: Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN

First Sentence:

“The day I died started out bad and got worse in a hurry.”

Barnes & Noble.com synopsis: First Betsy Taylor loses her job, then she's killed in a car accident. But what really bites is that she can't seem to stay dead. And now her new friends have the ridiculous idea that Betsy is the prophesied vampire queen, and they want her help in overthrowing the most obnoxious power-hungry vampire in five centuries.

Random Thoughts: Hysterical. I don’t generally like vampire books, but this was truly entertaining. Davidson’s writing style reminded me a lot of Janet Evanovich. I will be reading more of this series.

Favorite scene: When she woke up dead in the funeral home in a pink suit and cheap shoes.

Rating: 4.5

Also reviewed by:

Lost in a Good Story

1 comment:

joanna said...

Hi Kristi - glad to see you enjoyed it as much as I did! I'm also looking forward to the next one in this series. And I've now linked to your review on my post. ;-)