Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's been a crazy coupla' weeks

OK, the first two weeks in October have been completely nuts! I've been traveling a lot. I get a couple of days at home and then I'm off again. The good thing about travel is that I can sneak in some reading on airplanes. The bad part of it is that I don't get as much reading done while I'm away. Oh, well, I have gotten a few really great books read in the last two weeks. Sometime soon I'll update the blog with reviews of the following:

1. Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb
2. Bump in the Night -- a collection of novellas by J.D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Ruth Ryan Langan, and Mary kay McComas
3. Lord of the Flies by William Golding (no - I never read it in school - probably should have though)
4. Holes by Louis Sachar
5. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - Wow...just...wow...I'm a little stunned.

Barring major catastrophe, I'm hoping to get reviews of these up this week. I'm sure I'll come across other entertaining things to do (read: challenges to join) as I catch up with my 1000+ Google Reader posts, too. Good thing they stop counting at 1000, yes?

No comments: