Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shelfari's Readers of Romance Winter Challenge Wrap-Up

RoRwinter08.JPG


The Readers of Romance group on Shelfari has quarterly challenges. For the winter challenge, I read 6 books:

1. The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts - I loved this one and will write a complete review soon. It's the 3rd book in the Sign of Seven trilogy.

2. Irish Hearts by Nora Roberts - This was a reissue of 2 of Roberts's older books (Irish Thoroughbred and Irish Rose). I liked both stories which were about Irish women who came to the U.S. and worked on horse farms. 3 roses (good).

3. Silent Night by J.D. Robb, Claire Cross, Dee Holmes, and Susan Plunkett -- This novella collection includes J.D. Robb's (aka Nora Roberts) "Midnight in Death" novella. I enjoyed 3 of the 4 novellas. The other was pretty silly and I didn't finish it. I'd give the whole collection a rating of 3 roses (good).

4. Have You Seen Her? by Karen Rose - Have You Seen Her was fantastic. Karen Rose certainly knows how to do villains ;o). 4 1/2 roses (highly recommended).

5. Undercover Stanger by Pat White - This was a Harlequin Intrigue book about a terrorist plot to smuggle microchips that control planes inside dolls. The heroine is the owner of a doll museum. The hero is an anti-terrorism agent. Enjoyable - 3 roses (good).

6. Out of the Blue by JoAnn Ross - Out of the Blue was the 2nd of the Stewert Sisters trilogy. It is also my favorite in this series (although I enjoyed all of them, I just connected with this sister more than the other two). The other books are Out of the Mist (book 1) and Out of the Storm (book 3). All of them are 3 1/2 roses (very good).

Favorite Book(s) of the Challenge: Pretty close tie between The Pagan Stone and Have You Seen Her? both wonderful books.

Tomorrow, I'll put up my list for the spring challenge.

2 comments:

Beth F said...

Good job on finishing the challenge!!

Lisa Roe said...

Hi Kristi,

I nominated you for an award! http://onlinepublicist.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-always-get-around-to-iteventually.html

Best,
Lisa Roe
Online Publicist