Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March 2009 Wrap-Up

PastedGraphic.ZPKTsg1hXAOd.jpg

March was a pretty decent reading month for me but it wasn’t so great for reviewing and blogging. Out of the 10 books I read, I’ve only reviewed 4 1346.g8xJt8Iuv8W2.jpg. I’m hoping to get some of my reviewing backlog updated in the next few days.

Books read and reviewed:

True Colors by Kristin Hannah
Conspiracy in Death by J.D. Robb
Lethal Legacy by Linda Fairstein
Dog On It by Spenser Quinn

Books read but need to be reviewed:

I’m Watching You by Karen Rose
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Willing Spirits by Phyllis Schieber
Tourist Season by Carl Hiaasen
The World in Half by Cristina Henriquez
Summer World by Bernd Heinrich

Favorite book read this month: Wow. I’ve read some great ones this month. I’m Watching You, Willing Spirits, The World in Half, Dog On It, and True Colors were all fantastic reads.

Least favorite book read this month: Tourist Season and Brave New World -- not my cuppa’ tea. I know, I know, Brave New World is a classic - glad I read it, still didn’t like it.

Challenges completed: none

Challenges joined: none - Yay!

Challenge progress: (those without an end date end on 12/31)
Shelfari’s Readers of Romance Spring Challenge (ends 5/31/09) - 2/15
Book Awards II Challenge (ends 6/1/09) - 7/10
Countdown Challenge (ends 9/9/09) - 27/45
Chunkster Challenge (ends 11/15/09) - 1/3
100+ Challenge - 17/100
Read Your Own Books (RYOB) Challenge - 9/50
999 Challenge - 16/81
Support Your Local Library Challenge - 6/25
TBR Challenge - 1/12
Pages Read Challenge - 4,922/30,000
Perpetual Challenges:
New Classics Challenge - 22/100 (0 this month)
Around the World in 80 Books - 9/80 (1 this month)
Science in Fiction - 4 read (0 this month)
Book Around the States Challenge - 21/51 (3 this month)
Raved-About Reads - 13 read (0 this month)

Books I plan to read in April:
Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Cruise (for the TBR challenge) - already 1/2 way through this one and loving it


From the Heart by Nora Roberts (for the TBR challenge)

Finish Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (for the TBR challenge) - got stuck about 1/2 way through this one

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (for the TBR challenge) - playing a little catch up on this challenge

The Echo Maker by Richard Powers (for the Book Awards II Challenge)

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (for the Book Awards II Challenge)

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (book club pick this month & 999 Challenge)

Nothing to Fear by Karen Rose (working my way through all her books)

Loyalty in Death by J.D. Robb (working my way through this series, too & it’s on my Shelfari Readers of Romance Spring Challenge list)

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (for the Raved-About Reads Challenge)

The Presence by Heather Graham (for the Shelfari Readers of Romance Spring Challenge)

Automatic Proposal by Kelsey Roberts (for the Shelfari Readers of Romance Spring Challenge)

Killing Moon by Rebecca York (for the Shelfari Readers of Romance Spring Challenge)

Without a Backward Glance by Kate Veitch (just because)

The Big Dirt Nap by Rosemary Harris (just because)

Has anyone read any of these? Any suggestions on which one to pick up after I finish Welcome to Temptation?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh, you have three good ones there with Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Echo Maker, and Never Let Me Go. I'd read them first, in that order. You did well this month. I left some comments on your Dog On It review as I recommend it too. I can't wait for your review of Summer World. I tried for an ARC at LT but didn't get it. I read his Ravens in Winter and it was a truly superior book of non fiction.
I will buy this (rare for me) if I can't get a copy some other way. I'm curious about The World in Half too since you liked it so much. Happy reading in April.