Monday, August 8, 2011

Currently Reading

I've been away from the blog for a while, but I'm still participating in the Goodreads Seasonal Reading Challenge. I'm currently reading:

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova -- Reading this one for a task that required a book over 700 pages. This one's been sitting on my bookshelf forever, so it finally got chosen. Oh. My. God. It's slow going... but, I only have  300 (!) more pages to go. Look for a review, soon(ish).

Beloved by Toni Morrison -- Listening to this one on my iPod when I go to the gym and while cross stitching. Really like it, so far (need to go to the gym more so I can listen more, too ;o)). Sarah Addison Allen's books have reminded me how much I enjoy magical realism (with the exception of the Gabriel García Márquez's books I've read so far. Don't like those at all). Now I'm seeking other books like hers. Have any recommendations?


Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax -- Also enjoying the heck out of this one. Once I finish The Historian, I'll get back to it.

No comments: