Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bloggiesta Update #1

Good morning, everyone. I'm up, I'm fed, and the cat has been played with. It's time to start Day 2 of the bloggiesta fest!


I spent 8 1/2 hours on blog-related activities yesterday afternoon and evening. I spent a majority of that time trying to update my Google Reader. I already had most of the blogs I read in folders, but there were some blogs in there that hadn't been updated in months so out they went. I'll finish working on that today (I hope). I also wrote two reviews (to be posted soon - don't want to overwhelm your feed readers ;o)). I have two more to write and I'll be caught up. So review writing will take priority this morning.

I also completed one of the mini-challenges. Trish from Hey Lady! Watcha Readin'? taught us how to make our own favicons (that tiny little rose next to my URL on the navigation bar at the top of your screen) and gravatars (the images that come up next to people's blog comments). I'd always wondered how people made those, but I didn't know what they were called. It's hard to look up how to do something if you don't know what to call it! So thanks, Trish, awesome mini-challenge.

So here's my ever evolving to-do list:

1. Catch up on reviews

2. Post the rules for the What an Animal II challenge

3. Participate in some of the Bloggiesta mini-challenges --

4. Hunt down and fix broken links/missing pictures
5. Make graphics for monthly roundup posts
6. Figure out how to install a “follow me on Twitter” button
7. Make sure reviews are linked in all challenge lists
8. Clean up sidebars - delete dead ends and add active challenges
9. Visit other Bloggesta participants
10. Visit booky blogs in my Google Reader (and clear out posts) -- I've gone through the A-O blogs, hope to get to P-Z today.

Not originally on my list but done anyway:
  • Set up feedburner and added a subscribe icon to sidebar

Time spent Bloggiesta-ing on Friday: 8.5 hours
Time spent Bloggiesta-ing on Saturday: 11 hours
Total time spent Bloggiesta-ing: 19.5 hours

My goal was to spend a total of 12 hours fixing up and improving my blog. I should meet and exceed that with ease. If you have any time to spend at the computer today, you should join us!

7 comments:

raidergirl3 said...

great job on the favicon! I never knew what that was, that you could make your own, or even that it had a name. The rose is perfect for you.

Maw Books said...

Awesome job Kristi! Sounds like you are getting much done!

Kristi said...

Thanks, you guys. I thought that was pretty cool -- and easy, too!

Beth F said...

Sounds like you're making great progress.

Sandra said...

Nicely done with the two little pictures. I hadn't heard of those before and I read the instructuions but couldn't manage it. I did manage to great Google alerts, had never heard of them either. Clean out the feed reader?I didn't know you had to-oy vey, I'll stick to writing some new posts. You've done well. Happy Bloggiesta

BurtonReview said...

OK now I don't know what is up, but I don't see your favicon. :(
I see the white page with the E And obviously it was working before.
Anyway I really came by to say thanks for stopping by my blog and for your compliments. Obviously the idea could not have been mine for tha "all reviews" link but some people do it on the sidebar etc but I find it better for blogs to be uncluttered with everything under the sun on the sidebars, so if someone wants to see what reviews that are available it's all right there with one click.
The Search feature is helpful if someone is looking for a specific review but not that practical for showing what reviews have been written.
Good luck on the rest of your bloggiesta improvements and minichallenges!

Kim L said...

Great job! It sounds like you're getting a lot accomplished which is awesome!