Now for the mid-event meme:
1. What are you reading right now? I think I'll pick up Irish Rebel by Nora Roberts next. This is one of her older Silhouette novels and it's pretty short at 250 pages. Or maybe Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. Decisions, decisions...
2. How many books have you read so far? 1
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Oh, I have a whole stack of books that I'm looking forward to reading. But I doubt I'll get to most of them. Other than the ones I've already mentioned, I also have Black Hills and Visions in White by Nora Roberts that I wouldn't mind at least starting.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Yes. There's a lot of stuff going on in Florida this time of year. The weather has finally turned awesome! So to convince DH that I really want to sit inside and read all day is a tough sell. But he's been really good about not bugging me ;o).
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Not very many considering DH is cleaning out the garage all by himself. He's only asked for help once and it was really short. Thanks, honey!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How slowly I read! Before I picked up the YA book I just finished I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I'm really enjoying Gone With the Wind, but it's a really slow read! And at over 800 pages, it's going to take a while.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think you guys are doing a marvelous job. I know you're doing a great job on Twitter, too, but I'm trying to stay off of there or I'll never get any reading done!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Next year I'll make sure I have a better selection of short, lighthearted books to read when I get frustrated with my slow progress on densely written books.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not yet!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I don't think so. Everyone seems to be doing great and having a good time!
OK, back to reading for me! Have fun everyone!