Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 TBR Challenge Completed


I've already signed up for the 2010 version of the To Be Read (TBR) challenge, but I'm just getting around to wrapping up my 2009 TBR Challenge. Here are the books I read for the challenge:

1. Lolita by Vladimir Nobakov
2. Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie
3. From the Heart by Nora Roberts

4. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
5. The Spirit of the Place by Samuel Shem

6. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
7. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
8. Conspiracy in Death by J.D. Robb
9. Irish Rebel by Nora Roberts

10. Master of Murder by Christopher Pike
11. An Irregular Moon by Sara King
12. Leilani Zan by Barbara Casey



I also tried to read The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer, but I didn't care for it and didn't finish it. So, all together, this challenge got 13 books that have been sitting around on my TBR shelf for a really long time out of the way. Success! 


My favorites of the challenge were Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie, Conspiracy in Death by J.D. Robb, and Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, a new-to-me writer that I'm planning to read again.


Along with Confession of Max Tivoli, I didn't particularly care for Lolita by Vladimir Nobakov or The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. Not my cuppa tea, but at least I tried.


I'm looking forward to knocking out some of the other books that have been languishing on my shelves during this years TBR challenge.

1 comment:

Jenny Girl said...

I tried to read Lolita because it's one of those must read books. Yeah I just couldn't do it. Actually I was bored to tears and was sick and tired of hearing about Lolita. I gave up.
Kudos to you for finishing it though.
Nice job on this challenge.