Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hometown Challenge Wrap-up

Back in November of 2007, Callista of SMS Book Reviews issued the Hometown Challenge. The idea was to read at least ONE book from November 1, 2007 to March 1, 2008 that either takes place in your hometown or is written by an author who lives in your hometown. Well, as usual, I got a little carried away and read four books.

Here are the books I read for the challenge and their ratings. If you’re interested in reading a full review of any of the books, just click on the title you’re interested in.

Books read:

1. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks – A

2. Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews – A

3. Every Crooked Nanny by Kathy Hogan Trocheck – C

4. Lickety-Split by Kathy Hogan Trocheck – C+

Favorite book of the challenge: Dear John

Least favorite book of the challenge: Every Cooked Nanny

Any new authors read in this challenge? Mary Kay Andrews and Kathy Hogan Trocheck are the same author and new to me. It seems that I prefer her writing as Mary Kay Andrews. Andrews’ books are more chick-lit, funny, light-hearted reads. When she writes as Trocheck, the books are cozy mysteries.

What I learned: I like reading about familiar landmarks. It’s fun to picture the characters in places I know well. I’ve also found a new author I like, Mary Kay Andrews, and I hope to pick up more of her books soon.

Thanks for hosting the challenge, Callista! I enjoyed picking and reading books for it.

No comments: