Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feelin' Chunky

OK, I just can't help myself. I can't resist the button that Dana at Feelin' Chunky made for this challenge ;o). Sounds like an excellent reason to sign up for yet another challenge...don't you think?

For this challenge, a chunkster is defined as a book that is at least 450 pages long. I've debated about which level to participate in and I'm waffling between the Do These Books Make My Butt Look Big? (commit to 3-5 chunksters) level and the Mor-book-ly Obese level (read 6 chunksters OR 3 books that are 750 pages or more).

I think for sanity sake (mine, mostly, who's did you think? Although I readily admit that it might be too late...), I'm going to go with Do These Books Make My Butt Look Big. As with most of my challenges this year, I'm not going to list specific books ahead of time but I'm considering a few including Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (chunking out at 1059 pages) and Desperation by Stephen King (coming in at a slimmer 690 pages). Both of these books have already been slated for my TBR challenge this year. So those are fair game. I have a few others on the shelf, too...

Once I finally make a decision, I'll come back and list the chunksters I plan to read.

1. I'm Watching You by Karen Rose (474 pages)

2. Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult (477 pages)

3. Nothing to Fear by Karen Rose (507 pages)

4. You Can't Hide by Karen Rose (497 pages)

5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (480 pages)

6. Count to Ten by Karen Rose (550 pages)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical!! It is tempting to do the challenge just for the funny button! LOL

Anonymous said...

I joined this one too! Love it!!

Sandra said...

I love big books. I call them doorstoppers. I'm doing this one too and I've read a couple already. I can't wait to see what you chose, have fun.