Monday, November 30, 2009

Readers of Romance Fall 2009 Challenge Closes


The Fall 2009 challenge from Shefari's Readers of Romance group ends today and I was sooo close ;o). I was able to get 13 out of the 15 books read between September 1 and November 30. And the two I didn't get to fit into the Winter Challenge, so I'm happy ;o). If you're interested in joining the Readers of Romance Challenges, check out the Readers of Romance Challenges blog that Cindy takes care of for the group. She does a great job!


So here are the books I read for the challenge:


List of categories:
1. Read a Beta Hero -- didn't get to this one
2. Read a debut author OR an author that has LESS than 4 books published
 -- Prime Time by Hank Phillippi Ryan
3. Read a book that was read in the Summer Challenge -- Vision in White by Nora Roberts (read by Janon)
4. Read a book with an “F” word for Fall -- From the Heart by Nora Roberts
5. Read a book you’ve borrowed from a friend or the library -- Left to Die by Lisa Jackson
6. Read a book by Lori Foster -- Too Much Temptation by Lori Foster
7. Read a book that less than 300 pages -- The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
8. Read an author that has a pseudonym -- Crazy Hot by Tara Janzen (aka Glenna McReynolds) 
9. Read a book to catch up on a series you are reading -- Wild Blue Under by Judi Fennell
10. Reader’s Choice -- didn't get to this one
11. Read a book set in Ireland -- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
12. Read a Romantic Suspense -- Chosen to Die by Lisa Jackson
13. Read a book by an author you've "given up" on (call it one more try) -- Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart
14. Read a book with "Dream" in the title -- Amethyst Dreams by Phyllis Whitney
15. Read a book from the backlist of an author you enjoy! -- Irish Rebel by Nora Roberts


Favorite books of the challenge: I loved and would highly recommend Prime Time by Hank Phillippi Ryan, Vision in White by Nora Roberts, and Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I also enjoyed Wild Blue Under by Judi Fennell and Crazy Hot by Tara Janzen.


Least favorite book of the challenge: Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart was a bit slow. In the end, it was a pretty good story but it was far from a page-turner. 


New authors discovered in this challenge: Hank Phillippi Ryan, Karen Marie Moning, Lisa Jackson, Lori Foster, and Tara Janzen were all new authors to me that I'll be reading more of. Mary Stewart was also a new author.


I enjoyed picking and reading books for this challenge. I'll be signing up for the Winter Challenge shortly (it starts tomorrow).

2 comments:

Hank Phillippi Ryan said...

Well! Imagine my absolute delight!
What a treat to read your wonderful blog..thank you so much for your thoughtful and generous comments about PRIME TIME. You made my day. My week.

Please keep in touch, okay? (And I hope you'll look for the next in the series! Check my website for more info..)

with much affection and gratitude
Hank

Kristi said...

Thanks for stopping by, Hank. And, believe me, Face Time and Air Time are both at the top of my Christmas wish list ;o).