Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Readers of Romance Winter 2009 Challenge Wrap-up

Even with the Olympics slowing me down, I did manage to finish the Readers of Romance Winter 2009 Challenge by the hair on my chiny-chin-chin. This challenge was to read 15 books between December 1, 2009 to February 28, 2010 that fit particular categories. Here are the books that I read:


1. Read a book that was read in the Fall Challenge -- Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber (read by Marie T)
2. Read a book with a cheesy cover -- Does She Dare by Tawny Weber (2008 HQN Blaze)
3. Read a Julia Quinn Book -- What Happens in London by Julia Quinn
4. Read a romance that starts as a friendship Suggestions -- Black Hills by Nora Roberts
5. Read a book with “ICE” or “FIRE” in the title -- Familiar Fire by Caroline Burnes (1998 HQN Intrigue)
6 Read a book that is a Cabin/Road Romance Suggestions -- Nerd in Shining Armor by Vicki Lewis Thompson
7. Reader’s Choice (Author last name A-K) -- Dying Scream by Mary Burton
8. Reader’s Choice (Author last name L-Z) -- The Gift by Nora Roberts
9. Read a book with a color in the title -- Blue Bayou by Joann Ross
10. Read a book that has a setting other than the U.S. or England -- Fugitive by Cheryl Brooks (takes place on Barada Seven)

11. Read a book with a "magic" element (time travel, miracles, magic, psychic, angels...whatever this means to you!) -- Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert
12. Read a book that is a stand alone (not part of any series) -- River of Eden by Glenna McReynolds (Brazil)
13. Read a new to you author -- Breakfast in Bed by Robin Kaye
14. Read a book that has a three word title -- Big Sky Dynasty by B. J. Daniels (2009 HQN Intrigue)
15. For Winter, Read a book that has a “W” word in the title -- Whisper My Love by Gayle Wilson (1998 HQN Intrigue)



Favorites: Lots of favorites in this challenge -- Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber and Black Hills by Nora Roberts were predictable favorites for me. I like just about everything I read by these two. But What Happens in London by Julia Quinn was a shocker, I don't normally read historical romances but I loved this one. I also throughly enjoyed Blue Bayou by Joann Ross and Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert.


New Authors:  Julia Quinn, Natasha Mostert, Mary Burton, Vicki Lewis Thompson, and Robin Kaye were all new to me.


I'll be signing up for the spring challenge tomorrow. Already have my books picked out for it. Want to know more or sign up for the Spring Challenge? Check out the Reader of Romance Challenges Blog.

No comments: