With Water for Elephants, I finished the Spring Reading Thing 2008 Challenge hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days. Technically, the challenge ends June 19, but I finished a little early (for a change ;>)).
Here are the books I read for the challenge and their ratings. If you’re interested in reading a full review of any of the books, just click on the title you’re interested in.
1. The Secret of Lost Things by
2. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
3. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
4. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
5. Mariner's Compass by Earlene Fowler
Favorite book(s) of the challenge: Water for Elephants and Number the Stars
Any new authors read in this challenge? Hay, Adichie, and Gruen were all new to me.
What I learned: I learned a lot about the Biafran-Nigerian war, traveling circuses,
Thanks for hosting this challenge, Katrina! I enjoyed picking and reading books for it.