Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fall into Reading 2008 Challenge Wrap-Up

Katrina at Callapidder Days hosted this fall reading challenge that started 9/22/08 and ends today, 12/20/08. You could pick any number of books and your list can change at anytime.

I listed 10 books to read this fall. I finished nine of them and I still need to review 2, but here they are:


Books read:
1. Bump in the Night by J.D. Robb and others (collection of novellas)
2. Divine Evil by Nora Roberts
3. The Hollow by Nora Roberts
4. Don't Tell by Karen Rose
5. Have You Seen Her? by Karen Rose
6. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
7. Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe – Did Not Finish – Very annoying, self-absorbed charaters
8. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
9. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
10. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card


Favorite book(s) of the challenge: The Handmaid's Tale, The Hollow, Ender's Game


Least favorite book(s) of the challenge: Bonfire of the Vanities, Lord of the Flies


Any new authors read in this challenge? Karen Rose, William Golding, Junot Diaz, and Orson Scott Card where new to me


What I learned: I like spooky tales for the fall and even though sci-fi isn’t usually my favorite genre, I can still find books that I like in that genre.


Would you do this one again if it were offered next year? I like all the seasonal challenges. They help me focus on my reading priories for that season.


Thanks for hosting this challenge, Katrina! I enjoyed choosing and reading books for it.


No comments: