Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chunkster Challenge 2009 Complete

Since I've spent the last couple of days signing up for new challenges (and there are a few more I'm eying, too), I thought now would be a good time to say: I've finished the Chunkster Challenge hosted by Dana at Feelin' Chunky! For this challenge, a chunkster was defined as a book that is at least 450 pages long. I've debated about which level to participate in and wound up committing to the Do These Books Make My Butt Look Big? (3-5 chunksters) level. But then I wound up reading a few more chunksters than I'd planned and ended up finishing the Mor-book-ly Obese level (read 6 chunksters OR 3 books that are 750 pages or more) instead. So here's the wrap-up:

Books read:
1. I'm Watching You by Karen Rose (474 pages)

2. Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult (477 pages)
3. Nothing to Fear by Karen Rose (507 pages)
4. You Can't Hide by Karen Rose (497 pages)
5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (480 pages)
6. Count to Ten by Karen Rose (550 pages)

Favorite book of the challenge: I enjoyed all the books I read for this challenge. Thank goodness! They were long ;o)! I still need to review The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Great book. And I obviously went on a bit of a Karen Rose binge. She's become my favorite author of late. I'm a little sad I'm getting close to finishing her back list. Write faster, Karen!!

Least favorite book of the challenge: none

New authors discovered in this challenge: Stieg Larsson was the only author I hadn't read before. And I enjoyed Girl with the Dragon Tattoo enough that I'll read the rest of the trilogy. Too bad Larsson didn't have time to write more :(.

What I learned: I love big books, and I cannot lie...! ;o)

Thanks for hosting the challenge, Dana! I enjoyed picking and reading books for it.

No comments: