Tuesday, September 1, 2009

RIP IV Challenge

Every year I watch other book bloggers join Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings in the Readers Imbibing Peril (RIP) Challenge, but I've never joined them. Why? Because I'm silly, of course. So, this year, I'm joining in on the fun.

If you head on over to Carl's challenge post, you'll see that there are different levels (perils) you can participate in. I’ve decided to go with Peril the First. To complete the challenge, all I need to do is read 4 books from any of the following (scary) subgenres: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, or Supernatural. Piece o'cake!

So here is the pool of possible books I have to chose from:

1. Left to Die by Lisa Jackson
2. Chosen to Die by Lisa Jackson
3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman - I think this one is on everyone's list!
4. Prime Time by Hank Phillipi Ryan
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Desperation by Steven King
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman - I think this one fits. It sounds suspenseful and it's definitely supernatural.

I'll choose 4 of these to read between now and Halloween (the end of the challenge). How about you? Do you have any scary books you'd like to read for the spooky season? If so, you should join us!

3 comments:

Beth F said...

I decided to join this one too, but I went for only 2 books.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I've never read anything by Gaiman. R.I.P. IV

Carl V. Anderson said...

I am so happy that you aren't sitting and watching this year and are instead joining in! Yay!!! Thanks so much for taking part this year. You've got some great stuff on your list. I'm especially fond of both Gaiman books.