The Fall 2009 challenge from Shefari's Readers of Romance group ends today and I was sooo close ;o). I was able to get 13 out of the 15 books read between September 1 and November 30. And the two I didn't get to fit into the Winter Challenge, so I'm happy ;o). If you're interested in joining the Readers of Romance Challenges, check out the Readers of Romance Challenges blog that Cindy takes care of for the group. She does a great job!
So here are the books I read for the challenge:
List of categories:
1. Read a Beta Hero -- didn't get to this one
2. Read a debut author OR an author that has LESS than 4 books published -- Prime Time by Hank Phillippi Ryan
3. Read a book that was read in the Summer Challenge -- Vision in White by Nora Roberts (read by Janon)
4. Read a book with an “F” word for Fall -- From the Heart by Nora Roberts
5. Read a book you’ve borrowed from a friend or the library -- Left to Die by Lisa Jackson
6. Read a book by Lori Foster -- Too Much Temptation by Lori Foster
7. Read a book that less than 300 pages -- The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
8. Read an author that has a pseudonym -- Crazy Hot by Tara Janzen (aka Glenna McReynolds)
9. Read a book to catch up on a series you are reading -- Wild Blue Under by Judi Fennell
10. Reader’s Choice -- didn't get to this one
11. Read a book set in Ireland -- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
12. Read a Romantic Suspense -- Chosen to Die by Lisa Jackson
13. Read a book by an author you've "given up" on (call it one more try) -- Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart
14. Read a book with "Dream" in the title -- Amethyst Dreams by Phyllis Whitney
15. Read a book from the backlist of an author you enjoy! -- Irish Rebel by Nora Roberts
Favorite books of the challenge: I loved and would highly recommend Prime Time by Hank Phillippi Ryan, Vision in White by Nora Roberts, and Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I also enjoyed Wild Blue Under by Judi Fennell and Crazy Hot by Tara Janzen.
Least favorite book of the challenge: Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart was a bit slow. In the end, it was a pretty good story but it was far from a page-turner.
New authors discovered in this challenge: Hank Phillippi Ryan, Karen Marie Moning, Lisa Jackson, Lori Foster, and Tara Janzen were all new authors to me that I'll be reading more of. Mary Stewart was also a new author.
I enjoyed picking and reading books for this challenge. I'll be signing up for the Winter Challenge shortly (it starts tomorrow).