I've been bad about doing my Weekly Geek assignments lately. Not enough time and I've had to choose between reading and blogging. Guess you know how that choice played out ;o).
Last week's Weekly Geek assignment was to get caught up on something. Well, I'm still trying to catch up with last week's Weekly Geek assignment ;o), but I'm planning to do a bunch of reviews today and schedule the posts throughout the week this week.
This Saturday's Weekly Geek assignment is a short and sweet one, though, so I thought I'd go ahead and get it out of the way. This week Dewey has asked the Geek Squad to start compiling a Best Reads of 2008 list. To begin, she wants to know about our favorite books that were published in 2008. I've only read 6 books this year that were published in 2008. Here they are:
1. First You Run by Roxanne St. Claire -- 4 roses -- romantic suspense
2. Time Bandit by Andy & Jonathan Hillstrand -- 3.5 roses -- memoir
3. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos -- 4.5 roses -- women's fiction
4. Tribute by Nora Roberts -- 4.5 roses -- romantic suspense
5. Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich -- 3 stars -- mystery
6. Phantom Pleasures by Julie Leto -- 4 stars -- paranormal romance -- this is one of the reviews I need to write today, so I'll link it later.
7. Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts -- 5 stars -- paranormal romance -- this one was actually published in November of 2007 but it's going to be on my best of 2008 list when I get there. I have the 2nd book in this series waiting for me. It was published in 2008, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet so I can't list it ;o).
8. The Hollow by Nora Roberts -- 5 stars -- paranormal romance -- sequel to Blood Brothers (added to list 10/18/08) -- as fantastic as I suspected ;o). I'm really liking this trilogy. I can't wait until the finial book comes out next month!
So my favorite books published in 2008 (so far) are:
1. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
2. Tribute by Nora Roberts
3. Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts
4. The Hollow by Nora Roberts
5. First You Run by Roxanne St. Claire
6. Phantom Pleasures by Julie Leto
What about you? What books published in 2008 are your favorites? If you make a list of them, head over to Dewey's Hidden Side of a Leaf and leave a link.