Sunday, December 7, 2008

November 2008 Rewind

Books read:

1. A Pirate Looks at Fifty by Jimmy Buffett

2. How Reading Changed My Life by Anna Quindlen

3. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

4. Travels with Charley: In Search of America by John Steinbeck

5. Don’t Tell by Karen Rose

6. Sailing Alone Around the Room by Billy Collins

7. Over My Head by Claudia Osborn

8. Holiday in Death by J.D. Robb

Not finished, but reviewed: Writing Romance by Vanessa Grant

Pages read: 2132

Favorite book read this month: Travels with Charley

Least favorite book read this month: They were all pretty good, but if I had to pick one I’d say I liked The Secret the least.

Challenges completed: What an Animal, In Their Shoes

Challenges joined: Countdown Challenge, From the Stacks Challenge, Shelfari’s Readers of Romance Winter Challenge


Plans for December: Try to finish up as many 2008 challenges as possible and start signing up for 2009 challenges!


I still have a chance to finish the following challenges:

Chunkster Challenge – Finished. Need to review last book and do challenge wrap-up

A Well-Rounded Challenge – Finished. Need to review last book and do challenge wrap-up

In Their Shoes Challenge – Finished. Need to review last book and do challenge wrap-up

TBR Challenge – 1 more book to read, in progress

Fall Into Reading Challenge – 2 more books to read, both in progress

Romance Reading Challenge – 1 more book to read


I probably will not finish these 2008 challenges, but I had fun trying:

888 Challenge – I’ve only finished 35 out of 56 books for this challenge, but I learned a valuable lesson. Next year, when I sign up for the 999 challenge (and I definitely am), I will not create a list of books ahead of time. Apparently, I’m more of a mood reader than I thought and I was never in the mood to read some of the books I listed for the 888.

What’s In a Name Challenge – I’m not ruling this one completely out, but I still have 2 books to read for it neither of which I’ve started yet.

1 comment:

Beth F said...

Nice monthly wrap-up post. I should do more than simply list the books I've read. Good mix of books!