Saturday, December 13, 2008

Well-Rounded Challenge Wrap-Up

This summer, Jan at Jottings from Jan had a fabulous idea for a challenge that would help all of us who are challenge addicts. Her idea was to read 1 book from 6 different challenges beginning July 1st and ending 12/31/08. Great idea!!

Books read:

1. Don't Tell by Karen Rose for the TBR challenge (also for Chunkster and 888 challenges) – Chunkster Challenge complete (TBR almost there and 888? No. Hope.)

2. Have You Seen Her? by Karen Rose for the Romance Challenge (also for Chunkster and 888 challenges) – Romance Challenge almost complete (1 more book – half way through)

3. Over My Head by Claudia Osborn for the In Their Shoes Challenge (also for 888 and TBR challenges) – In Their Shoes complete

4. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith for the What's in a Name Challenge (also for Chunkster, 888, What's in a Name, and Classic Mini challenges) – Mini challenge compete, What’s in a Name still a possibility (not likely, but possible)

5. Right from the Gecko by Cynthia Baxter for the Casual Reading Challenge (also for TBR, and What's in a Name challenges) – Casual Reading Challenge complete

6. The Return Journey by Maeve Binchy for the 888 Challenge (also for Short Story Mini Challenge) – 888 ain’t happenin’, but Mini Challenge is compete!


Favorite book(s) of the challenge: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Don't Tell, Have You Seen Her?


Least favorite book(s) of the challenge: Right from the Gecko, The Return Journey


Any new authors read in this challenge? The only author I’d read before this challenge was Maeve Binchy – I prefer her novels to her short stories.


What I learned: I join too many challenges ;o).


Would you do this one again if it were offered next year? I’m sure I would, I’m constantly joining new challenges. Just wait ‘til next week, you’ll see what I mean…


Thanks for hosting this challenge, Jan! I enjoyed choosing and reading books for it.

1 comment:

Jan in Edmonds said...

Kristi -- Great selection of books. My fav would be A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and I've yet to read a Maeve Binchey book -- may need to do this next year. We'll see.

Thanks for participating.