2. Belong to Me by Marisa de los
3. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (good)
4. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson (good)
5. Kitchen Privileges by Mary Higgins Clark (good)
6. Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper (very good)
7. Stardust by Neil Gaiman (very good)
8. Moloka’i by Alan Brennert (highly recommended)
9. Rapture in Death by J.D. Robb (excellent)
10. Tribute by Nora Roberts (highly recommended)
I had already started Love Walked In and Me Talk Pretty One Day before July started, so according to the Book Blowout rules they each count as 1/2 a book. That leaves me with a total of 10 books read for the Book Blowout (my goal was 10).
Here are some of the wrap-up questions Mrs. S from Blue Archipelago:
1. Did you discover any new authors? Marisa de los
2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading? No terribly unusual reading locations for me, just my usual reading chair. However, my books took me from Philadelphia, Colordo, and New York City to Hawaii, New Orleans, and the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Anderson Cooper tooke me overseas to war-torn Iraq, Bosnia, and Rwanda and to tsunami-devestated Sri Lanka. And with the help of J.D. Robb I went into the future (2058). I guess that could be considered unusual ;o).
3. Did you read more than usual? Yes. I read 10 book in June also, but I had the help of the 48-hour read-a-thon for that month so reading 10 in July was a streach. In fact, I resorted to sneaking Biblioholism in there at the end of the month becuase it was short (only 163 pages) ;o).
4. Did you give up anything in order to read more? I could say housework, but that'd be a lie 'cause I don't really do that much housework to begin with ;o). I probably didn't visit as many blogs in July as I usually do, though (either that or you guys were writing more posts 'cause my Google Reader is overflowing!).
5. If you won the Amazon voucher what would you spend it on? Fattening up my already obese TBR pile ;o)!!
6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout? Definately!!
Thanks for hosting the Book Blowout Mrs. S!! Hope to do it again next year.