Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2008 TBR (To Be Read) Challenge Complete

Mizbooks hosted the TBR challenge for 2008. The rules were simple:
1. Pick 12 books (one book for each month of 2008) that have been sitting on your TBR list for at least 6 months.
2. Read one book a month from your list. Alternates are encouraged.

Books read:

1. Rapture in Death by J.D. Robb
2. Ceremony in Death by J.D. Robb
3. Waiting for Nick by Nora Roberts
4. Die For Me by Karen Rose
5. Dead Girls Are Easy by Terri Garey
6. Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson
7. Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper
8. Over My Head by Claudia Osborn
9. Right from the Gecko by Cynthia Baxter
10. Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts
11. Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
12. The Midnight Club by James Patterson (review to come)


Favorite book of the challenge: Blood Brothers, but I really enjoyed Die For Me and Lord of the Fading Lands, too.


Least favorite book of the challenge: Right from the Gecko


Any new authors read in this challenge? With the exception of Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb and James Patterson, they were all new to me.


What I learned: I had a surprisingly hard time finishing this challenge. I’m not really sure why these books kept getting pushed to the back of my pile, but I’m glad I’ve read them now!


Would you do this one again if it were offered next year? Yep, I’ve already signed-up.


Thanks for hosting this challenge, Mizbooks! I enjoyed choosing and reading books for it. And I’m looking forward to 2009!

No comments: